19. Challenge 2 - Solution
Extract sprites from a larger png file such as the one we can find at http://gaurav.munjal.us/Universal-LPC-Spritesheet-Character-Generator/
The picture below is showing one of the sprite collection.
- You can read and convert a PNG into a form (a graphics pharo basic element) using
FileSystem workingDirectory if the file is located close to the pharo.image file to get to a file.
- You can use the message
/ to specify a file name in the path.
- Pay attention the stream should be binary.
- You can access the size of a form using message
- You can copy a part of a form using the message
form copy: aRectangle.
- Looking at the results of expressions with the inspector is a great idea.